Sunday, December 3, 2017

Random Thoughts for December, 2017

Random Thoughts for December, 2017.
By Robert A. Hall
Feel free to post or forward.

I hope you and yours have a safe, happy holiday season and a wonderful 2018.

I hope the person who invented blister packs for pills is rotting in hell.

Voting is a no-brainer in America. Which explains a lot of the results.

The medias believes it is their solemn duty to edit the news so no one gets the right idea.

From my friend Andy, a retired USMC Colonel: "The left defines diversity: Agree with us or we’ll violently attack you."

Cheering your favorite sports team may raise their morale a bit, and make you feel good, but it's what they do on the field that determines the outcome. Cheering the troops and thanking them for their service may make you feel good and raise their morale a bit, but it's the people who put on the uniforms, pick up the weapons and risk their lives who determine the outcome.

Brevity is a virtue. One I don't possess.

In my day, schools and society turned out workers, not slugs. No, all millennials are not slugs. Some are industrious workers and millennials make up the bulk of our great troops. But so many are drones as to make one despair over the future of the Republic.

If you are outraged at the Israelis building homes on the west bank, but not at Iran building nuclear bombs while threatening to destroy Israel and us, you must be a progressive.

Organ transplants are not a good option for those lacking in self-discipline.

Many things are easy to lose but hard or impossible to get back. Things like virginity, reputation, home, job, love. You can add to these Freedom and your country.

A lot of folks think they want to be a boss until the try it and discover the endless headaches and stress that goes with it.

Not only do my wife and I talk to the dog, but we sometimes answer for it., Me, "No. I'm not taking you out again." Wife, "But daddy, I have to go really bad."

Had a black cashier in a restaurant asked the black couple who came in behind us, "How many in your party?" We were standing in front of her at the counter. I said, "Two!" Blacks who display an animus towards whites and whites who display an animus towards blacks based on race only feed racism in the other group. Both sides are too stupid to appreciate that.

We like the Janet Evanovich "Stephanie Plum" detective series. Well written and funny suspense. But if you read any detective series, you have to wonder how one person comes across so many murders in a short period. I mean if I'm at a function and Angela Lansbury came in, I'm outta there!

"I would argue the solution for this is simply to stop seeing public figures — whether political figures or celebrities — as role models and stop putting them up on pedestals. The ability to win elections, perform well on camera, perform great athletic feats, or other extraordinary traits is not synonymous with good character. (It is entirely possible that good character is an impediment to ambition.)" --Jim Geraghty, Morning Jolt

Saw a license plate that read; VIDIOT.

From Marine Bob Orazi on Bergdahl issue: “Maybe Bergdahl should be ‘sentenced’ to marry Chelsea Manning.” (I'd send a present. ~Bob)

I have an uncanny ability to pick the slow lane in traffic. It's a gift, really.

Some folks never have an idea without smothering it in an avelaunch of words.

If television didn't exist, terror attacks and mass shootings would be far less frequent.

"A truth that's told with bad intent, beast all the lies you can invent." --William Blake

“If you once forfeit the confidence of your fellow citizens, you can never regain their respect and esteem.” — Abraham Lincoln, speech at Clinton, Illinois, September 8, 1854

The government didn't outlaw theft, they just gave themselves a monopole on it. And they use part of the take to buy votes to keep themselves in power.

If someone says, "I tell it like it is," brace yourself to be insulted or offended.

As regular blog readers know, I started boycotting the NFL as the start of the 2016 season because of the players disrespecting the flag, the country and veterans, and I'm still not watching or giving them a penny. But you know what? I don't miss it. I enjoy having the extra time to read and write. I doubt I'll go back to watching the NFL even if they knock that anti-American stuff off.

When I was an active duty Marine, I was agile, mobile and hostile. (That's Ad-Jile, Mo-Bile and Hos-Tile) Now, 50 years later, I'm semi-agile, semi-mobile and semi-senile!

One day, there were 16 obits in the paper for people younger than me. Guess I'm old, careful and lucky.

Only the "out" party cares about debt. The "in" party cares about borrowing to buy votes from supporters. Making eventual collapse inevitable.

When people comes weaving down the hall towards me studying their smartphones, I'm tempted to call an alert: "Heads up. Live person ahead!"

The media, Hollywood and the universities now operate on the Red Queen's justice system: "Sentence first—verdict afterwards."

I wonder how many employers are thinking, "The best way to reduce the possibility of sexual harassment charges is to hire fewer women."

I answered a call, "Hello." Women on the other end, "Who are you?" Me, "I'm Bob--Who are you?" Not a great start to a conversation.

I wonder if Twitter doubled the number of characters thinking, "Give him enough rope..."

The Kent State Football Team is the "Golden Flashes." This is highly offensive to women in their senior years having hot flashes and must be changed!

When your wife buys a 19-pound turkey, and equal amounts of everything else for eight on thanksgiving, asking, "What's for dinner" on Friday night is kind on unnecessary.

Party Platforms, 2018. Democrats: "Elect us and everyone gets a free unicorn." Republicans: "Elect us, we're not as bad as that other bunch and we'll do better this time."

When my dog doesn't like his dinner, he looks at me like he expects me to send out for pizza.

Military power is much diminished if the enemy is more ruthless than you are.

Some days, you're the bad spot in my banana.

Some folks think if they put up a pious front, Got won't notice the anger, hate, and greed hidden deep in their hearts.

Get the collection! My “Random Thoughts” from 2008 through July, 2013 are collected in this book: The Old Jarhead's Journal: Random Thoughts on Life, Liberty, and Leadership by Robert A. Hall
The Old Jarhead’s Journal is a collection of Random Thoughts on politics and life and Conservative Political Essays, mostly published on the author’s blog, including the essay “I’m Tired” which went viral on the Internet in 2009, “The Hall Platform,” “This I Believe,” and “Why I’m a Republican.” While they will be of interest to conservative thinkers, they are collected here in book form as a service to readers who wish to give a copy to favorite liberals and watch their heads explode. All royalties are donated to the Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund.

*****

Robert A. Hall is a Marine Vietnam Veteran who served five terms in the Massachusetts State Senate. He is the author of The Coming Collapse of the American Republic. http://www.amazon.com/Coming-Collapse-American-Republic-prevent/dp/1461122538/ref=sr_1_5?s=booksandie=UTF8andqid=1304815980andsr=1-5 For a free PDF of Collapse, e-mail him at tartanmarine(at)gmail.com. Hall’s eleven books are listed here: http://tartanmarine.blogspot.com/2010/07/new-book-published.html. His blog of political news and conservative comment is www.tartanmarine.blogspot.com.


1 comment:

  1. Most definitely agree with you regarding Janet Evanovich's "Stephanie Plum" detective series - especially the audio versions ( the reader has spot-on voices for each character ! ) . But, regarding the number of murders that Ms. Plum encounters, you have to remember, the series IS set in New Jersey !

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete